At 16 months, Drew:
• Is walking up a storm and causing general chaos every day. He loves to play in the cabinets and open and slam them shut on a regular basis. He also loved to play with the blinds cord. Of course, we watch him very closely with these and don’t have any in his room within reach while he is in the crib. Very excited for this phase to pass!
• Loves to turn the light switch on and off as many times as he can, especially when he is in his crib.
• Still has only about 6 words but he is understanding so much more. When I say, “Let’s go brush your teeth” he runs and sits on the bathroom floor. If we ask him where is mimi (owie in Maltese) is, he can point and tell us. He knows his hair, feet, shoes, socks and raises his hands and shrugs when he is all done.
• Loves to be outside either walking around the backyard or playing in his pool. He also loves going for walks in his stroller.
• Favorite foods are fruits. He loves all kinds and can eat them all day. He also likes baked potatoes, barbecue chicken, and macaroni and cheese. He’s not a fan of veggies but I can still get him to eat a green puree every once in a while. We do consider him to be a really good eater though. Hopefully, that continues!
• Cracks himself up on a daily basis. He honestly thinks the things he does are hilarious and it makes me laugh every time he does.
• LOVES to be snuck up on and be scared. He screams with delight and tries to run from you! He also loves to be chased and tickled.
• Is a pretty good sleeper but is definitely just now dropping one nap. He usually goes down between 7 and 8 and will sleep until 7 or 8 the next morning. He will usually take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon as well.
• Is an amazing kid and I am so happy to have him in my life. :)