Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Drew's Baptism

On May 23, 2010, we had Drew baptized at our church, Kensington Community Church.  It was such an important day for us as we were very excited to make a public declaration of our love for the Lord by promising to raise our son with Christian values.

The ceremony was everything we hoped it would be.  It was touching and beautiful and I wanted to cry a few times!  I am so thankful we have a church that we love and can't wait to raise our son in this church!

I am also so thankful to my sister Theresa and steve's cousin-in-law Jeff for being Drew's Godparents.  I truly believe in this day and age that you can never have too many positive role models in a young man's life and I know these two people will be just that for Drew!

Here is Drew in his baptism suit.  Look how cute!



















Here is the part of the ceremony where Drew was baptized.  We were able to bring his entire family onto the stage during his baptism and I loved that!


Drew with his godparents, Theresa and Jeff:















Theresa's boy (oh my, doesn't he look huge??):


































Uncle Jeff:


































Drew's grandparents and mom and dad!















Aunt Diana was there too!















Finally, Drew with his great grandpa and grandma Shaw:















After the ceremony, we had a small get together at my mom's house for Drew.  We had a great time celebrating with our family!

Here is Drew's yummy cake:















Also, a video of all that helped us celebrate:

Annnnnd, finally, he is spent!  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment