Monday, June 21, 2010

Meeting the Family!

So I am a little behind in updating but I am going to try my best in the next few days!

After our little guy was born and I was recovered enough to go to our room, the nurse decided to wheel us right past the waiting room with the hopes of at least seeing our families.  Well, we get that far and we peer out into the room and...no one is there except for my good friend, Dionne. Haha!  Well, they missed their chance to get a sneak peek.

So as the nurses are getting us set up in our room, it is taking a very long time because the hospital is trying to get a new computer system implemented.  Of course, they are!  What normally is a 5 minute process took about an hour so our family was stuck in the waiting room waiting to be called back anxiously!

Finally everyone is able to come back to meet our sweet baby boy.  The following is a picture montage of the meeting.  These pictures were taken by my amazing friend, Dionne Haglund of The Shooting Gallery.  Even to this day, I look at these pictures and want to cry.  They are the most amazing pictures I have ever seen and I treasure these even on top of my wedding photos (which she also took).  Because of the surgery, I don't remember a lot of the meeting but all I have to do is look at these photos and I and I am able to at least get a snapshot of the day.  They are simply gorgeous and I am so, so, so happy to have them.  Ok, here we go:

The gang anxiously waiting in the waiting room:













Our moms meeting our son and hearing his name for the first time.  This is one of my favorite pics of the entire day!
Love my sister's face:
Mom Abela holding Drew for the first time while Dad Abela looks on:
Mom was so proud of me (another one of my faves)!













Mom Todd getting a peek!  Seeing her face makes me so proud!



















Another proud moment.  Dad Todd meeting Drew:













My daddy getting to hold Drew.  I just can't say it enough.  These pictures are just so dear to me!



















Auntie Theresa.  Poor girl had a toothache the entire time but you wouldn't know it with that smile!



















Aunt Diana:













Proud daddy!













Uncle Nicholas:



















Look at that gorgeous face!













Two proud dads (another of my faves)!



















Happy family:













All in all, this was by far the best day of my life.  I can't even describe the feeling of meeting the baby I carried with me for 39 weeks.  Steve and I prayed for him to be healthy every night and the Lord was kind enough to answer our prayers.  I don't know how we got so lucky but I can promise that I will never take the two people in this picture for granted.  They are the loves of my life and I am amazed that that Lord has trusted me to take care of them.  I promise to always try my hardest to do just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment